Saturday, July 31, 2004

On another note, I was pretty disappointed that my Hero Director's Cut DVD hasn't arrived yet but all that disappointment was washed away when I started reading reviews for it.

Some points:
  • Horrible picture quality (some colours oversaturated, contrast is weak)
  • Sound is just again decent (I read in many reviews that the Japanese version blows all others away)
  • The extra 10 minutes of film are just alternate takes, more fight footage, and one all-new scene.
  • The beginning and ending text are not subtitled in English at all (the Japanese version is subtitled).
  • The packaging is just plain awful (I heard that it looks like a condom).
  • The company logo keeps on popping up in the upper left hand side to prevent piracy (BOO!).

That's why Wency and I splurged $51 to buy the infinitely superior Japanese version (now, I can't wait for that one).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home