Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Perfect Slurpee

Wow. I think I just had the perfect slurpee a few hours ago. You see, I purchased a Starburst Orange Creme slurpee. I doubt it was that flavor though (tasted more like Hawaiian Punch) but man, was it perfect. I drank the entire thing without mixing it with me straw. It wasn't too sweet or too sour BUT PERFECT.

The final days of Columbia orientation

Today was the last day (yesterday if you want to get technical) of my orientation to Columbia College. You know, I'm pretty excited to be going to this school. The only problem is the huge tuition payment ($7,440 to be exact and that's a semester!) but man, I love film. The advisers were telling us that to do well in the school that we need a major NOW! I already have chosen my major (film directing of course) and because my orientation was so late, I didn't have the choice of choosing the classes I wanted. I still chose some cool film classes though (development and preproduction and visual audio). It's still gay that I have to take Math and English (UGH) but what can you do right?

No pain, no gain

Because I was walking for 5 hours (not straight though), my body was starting to take a toll onto itself. My left hip, left knee, and left calf muscle started to burn like fucking hell. I could have called my dad to pick me up but I wanted to be like Michael Jordan and play through the pain. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE! I walked home from the Lombard Metra to my house (which is 2 miles) and when I arrived home my body was completely exhausted. I don't know why this didn't happen Tuesday or Thursday but man, I think my body is telling me to lose some fat (and I have a lot). I think I shouldn't push my body to its limits anymore because I think my arthritis flares up whenever I do. I think walking TO the metra station, from the cta station to Columbia, getting lost along the way, and then walking to union station, then walking back home fucked up my body for awhile.

At the end, I took 2 pills of Relafen then my left side started to feel better. Thank God for arthritis medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home