Saturday, June 23, 2007

Aside from yesterday where I rip Kelly Clarkson for her "look at me, i'm angry" type songs. I haven't blogged much. Much of it can be blamed on laziness. Unlike most of the blogs I read, I don't really update that much. I don't think it's really needed. For the most part, I've seen a crapload of movies at the theatre.

Knocked Up: Not as good as they say. Chemistry between main and supporting characters seemed a bit poor. It's mostly hilarious with a bit of drama peppered in. I wish it was shorter though and it's not as good as the 40 Year-Old Virgin.

Hostel Part II: Downloaded this movie but my brother saw it. He says that it is really a piece of shit. I'll probably watch it sometime in the next month. I saw the first one and hated it. For the life of me, I don't know why Eli Roth gets money to make shit films.

Ocean's 13: After the okay outing in the second installment, 13 seems to be a lucky number for the franchise. It's not as well structured as the original but it is still a fun time at the movies. Al Pacino gives an okay performance of a poorly written character. Oh yeah, Ellen Barkin is a frickin' cougar!

Sicko: The documentary about American health care and the best Michael Moore documentary so far. This film made me so angry I wanted to smash my laptop. American health care companies make TRILLIONS off the American people and they'll do anything to get their money back. Some scenes almost made me shed a tear but it's mostly a look into America. And about how America is not only one of the most evil countries but the most corrupt as well (Philippines, eat your heart out).

Ratatouille: Oh my god. What a film. After the shiteous Cars, I thought Pixar would never retain that gold standard again. Then Brad Bird has to come in. The best time I've had at the movies since Bird's previous film "The Incredibles." So MANY great things to talk about this film: the animation, the voice acting, the script, the ending.......so many fucking things!!!! While Dreamworks is still making films for the lowest common denominator (Shrek the Third), Pixar comes in to destroy the competition and set a new gold standard. I'm going to watch this film AGAIN when it comes out in theatres. There's a great short film titled "Lifted" directed by former Columbia College Chicago student Gary Rydstrom that precedes the film and it's also awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home