Saturday, August 07, 2004

Dying rocksters

The term "I'm Rick James, bitch!" has never been horrible until today. Rick James died last Friday and I'm not sad or anything but damn, the guy just did Chappelle's Show.

Recently, I've been discovering the music of Jeff Buckley. My friend introduced his music to me. I listened to a track titled "Hallejuah" and man, I was speechless when it was over. With just a tremelo guitar and his voice, Buckley astonishes with a range and power only equaled with Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, and a few others. After listening to another track titled "Grace," what comes through is obvious, the man can sing. He sings with such emotion, it's like you're there with him.

I searched for more albums by Jeff Buckley but I astonished to find out that he died in 1998 of a drowning accident. Another great voice silenced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home