Saturday, January 01, 2005

I hope everyone had a great new year. I hope to have a great 2005 ahead of me. I hope to get faster, stronger, slimmer, smarter in 2005. I also hope to get scholarships for Columbia next year. I hope to make some enemies into friends (or probably vice versa?). 2004 was a great and horrible year for me but fortunately most of the former.

In 2004, here are my favorites:

Song I'll remember of 2004: Usher - "Yeah" (I don't know. I don't really like Usher but his song just got into my head this past year.)

Favorite album of 2004: Keane - Hopes and Fears (Absolutely the best album of the year with succulent melodies and beautiful harmonies).

Favorite TV show of 2004: "Lost" (I loved this TV show and it's getting better and better with each subsequent episode).

Favorite DVD of 2004: The Simpsons - The Complete Fifth Season (I've never watched a DVD set more than this).

Favorite band(s) of 2004: (tie) Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, and the Killers (these bands just gave rock a new and astonishingly great sound).

Favorite song of 2004: Snow Patrol - Run (Loved the lyrics and the beautiful string arrangements at the end of the piece. Beautiful is one word to describe this song.)

Favorite film of 2004: The Aviator - Martin Scorsese (A director and his crew at its peak. The best American film of the year).

Song that annoyed me the most in 2004: Jojo - Get Out & Baby It's You (Nothing's more disgusting than a 13-year old trying to be a slut and singing about it).

Movie that annoyed me in 2004: Alexander - Oliver Stone (Stone said that people just don't get his film. Get a clue, Oliver, we get your film but it just sucks).

Funniest line(s) in a movie in 2004: Anchorman - "I'm in a glass case of emotion!" "It works 60% of the time, all the time." "No commercials! No mercy!"

Best scene in a film in 2004: Paul Giamatti and Virginia Madsen talking about wine in "Sideways."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home