Thursday, January 13, 2005

Million Dollar Baby
2004
Director: Clint Eastwood
Starring: Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman.

I expected this movie to be good but not this good. Wow. What a film. This review is going to be short because the less you know about this film, the better it truly is. I love this film. Too bad, I saw this in 2005 because it really beats the Aviator is almost every aspect (except cinematography and costume design, of course). The ending of this film still haunts me, it is poetic, poignant, and deeply emotional. I almost cried at the end, for sure. Roger Ebert has said, "Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby is a masterpiece, pure and simple, deep and true." This is a sentence that really defines this film. I felt that Eastwood previous film, Mystic River, was too overrated for its own good but here, Million Dollar Baby is truly great. The perfect American film.

Grade: A+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home