Sunday, May 01, 2005

How I love the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack, hate Limp Bizkit, and start worrying about the film called Star Wars

My brother gave me two albums, the Kingdom of Heaven motion picture soundtrack and the new Limp Bizkit album "The Unquestionable Truth Part I." The Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack is beyond words. It is absolutely amazing to say the least. The composer, Harry Gregson-Williams, has definitely topped himself here.

Now on to a piece of shit album created by Limp Bizkit. I don't care if Wes Borland has come back to the band, the album still sounds like shit. Fred Durst has said that this album continues where Rage Against the Machine left off. Well, he's right. It sounds like Rage Against the Machine but a RATM cover band who couldn't get in at a Battle of the Bands show because they sucked horribly. What made RATM are: the blistering lyrics and lyric delivery of Zack De La Rocha, the remarkably unique sounds of Tom Morello's guitar, the smashing bass lines from Tim Commerford, and the pulse pounding drums from Brad Wilk. Every song on "The Unquestionable Truth" sounds exactly the same. No really, I'm serious. Durst tries to be Zack on all of the songs but misses by miles. I didn't like Limp Bizkit and I hate them even more now.

Star Wars Episode III is coming upon us. I liked Episode I, I hated Episode II, but will I like Episode III. I don't know. But my brother and I already bought tickets to a DLP show. You see, the difference with DLP is the color, clarity, and brightness. A film shot digitally (like Star Wars) has to be seen in a DLP theatre to truly see how good the image really is. We were going to borrow my aunt's car to get to Woodfield to watch the showing but now we're in the shit. The car is on the verge of death because another aunt who borrowed the car likes to drive like a shithead. She possibly hit a pothole and the frame of the car is totally fucked. My mom told me that I should just borrow Sonny's car for that day. I hope we can do that.

When we bought the tickets, I told my brother, "Man, we're such nerds."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home