Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I am such a bad person.

I went to Fry's today to check how much their notebook hard drives were. This guy presented me ones from Seagate, Western Digital, and Fujitsu but he wanted me to buy the Seagate one. He said it was their best and kept on pushing me to buy it. It was 199.99 for 100 GB. He told me that it comes in retail or OEM. I asked the difference, he told me that the retail comes with a driver and a box. The OEM only comes in a static-free pouch. He kept on pushing me, pushing me, and pushing me to buy it. So I told him that "I'll go outside and talk to my brother about it in the car." I even told him "I'll be right back."

I never went back.

I immediately called Wency and there's no fucking difference between a retail or OEM. It's just the fucking box. Can you believe it, a hard drive that costs $40 more because of the stinking box? America, I tell you, we make money off of boxes!

I bought a Seagate 40 GB HD from newegg.com for $80. The one at Fry's (the one with the box!) costs $129.99. What a rip-off.

I just need my laptop to start up one more time. I think I'm gonna cry if I have to lose all those MP3s. 441 Mp3s. All paid for. All legitimate. There were even some free iTunes ones in there that I completely love: Unwritten Law, Kasabian, Tegan and Sara, that rare Jeff Buckley cut. It's going to be all gone if this goddamn laptop doesn't start up one more time.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dan said...

What do you mean by documentation? You mean like instructions or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home