Friday, April 01, 2005

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I didn't want to celebrate it at all saying that she's too old so we just ordered at Tong Tiki's. To be honest, I'm getting tired of Tong Tiki's. I'm getting tired of their fried rice, mongolian beef, and pancit. It's all my dad ever orders. I wanted some chicken but I shouldn't complain.

Right now, the piercing sound of my ceiling fan whirring is annoying the fuck outta me. I don't know why it does that but I can't sleep until it stops.

I think that making a totally brand new film is great but my brother and I just have one problem. We just don't have the time, ideas, or energy to make a new film. On the other hand, to remake "I Against I" would be great. To make it much more serious and to remove all stupid mistakes from earlier would also be pretty good. We already have a script for the remake and we already have an idea so remaking "I Against I" is the only thing we have now. On the flip side, I think re-editing the first version of "I Against I" would be just a waste of time. First off, most of the footage shot was crap. I still laugh and shudder at the fight sequence at the end of the movie.

The Pope is knocking on death's door as we speak so give him your prayers. I don't think we'll have a Pope like that anymore so we gotta savor the flavor.

Later today is the release of Frank Miller's Sin City and I'm pretty amped about it. Watching it in a digitally projected theatre (where it's meant to be seen) is getting me pretty hyped. I just hope the movie lives up to the standards everyone's been saying. My favorite critic, Roger Ebert, just gave the film four stars but he's been pretty generous as of late.

Wency gave me some South Park episodes earlier today and they were just hilarious. They make these episodes so fast they even had a response episode of the Terri Schiavo crisis. It involved a PSP, Kenny, Satan, a marker smelling angel, Keanu Reeves, and God. What was even funnier was the episode the week before. A Chinese woman named Wing wants to try out on American Idol but fails to sing so her "agents" sign her up to the Contender thinking it's the same thing as AI. The funniest thing in the episode is when she's getting the shit knocked outta her while she sings ABBA's "Fernando." I don't know what Trey and Matt will think of next.

I also downloaded and legally bought 41 MP3s from the 1996-1998 era. I still remember when my cousin Felice would repeatedly play CDs from Spice Girls and Alanis Morisette. It drove my brother and I nuts. My brother hated it so much that he wrote it in his journal for 8th grade Social Studies. She would blast the sound all the way up.

Reminds me of the great summers of 1996-1998. They bring back great memories. Whatever happened to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones? White Town? Better Than Ezra? Collective Soul? Bush? Everything But the Girl? Jamiroquai? Joan Osborne? Mark Morrison? OMC? Primitive Radio Gods? Semisonic? Shawn Mullins? Soul Asylum? Tal Bachman?

These songs make me regret all the crap that my brother and I did to Felice.
Things that we did:
- We read her journal and drew in it a huge eye and wrote "We are watching you!"
- Wency bodyslamming her and calling her a bitch in the summer of '96. I still remember that my dad was home that day.
- Wency and Felice fighting. Fighting. And more fighting.
- My friend Sam and I putting toothpaste on Felice's face while she slept on the couch. The toothpaste stain is still on the couch to this day.
- Robert using a telephone trick to make the telephone ring and give it to Felice saying that it was Megan.
- I remember throwing a huge fucking snow boulder on Felice during one Winter. I still remember seeing her on the ground, just crying her eyes out, and then looking at me with this vicious gaze that would make anyone shit their pants.
- Remembering Felice watching the Top 10 on VH-1 and telling Felice that I wanted to watch tv. I literally screamed my lungs out at her and she began to cry. After Felice left, she ran to her room and I couldn't find anything to watch so I just turned off the tv.

I feel bad for all those things to Felice. We were just stupid and young? Or did we really hate each other's guts back then? Looking at her pictures on Friendster, I think Felice never grew up but the world around her did. She's just the same old Felice, just more mature and graduated. I can't believe that she's already graduated. I still got 3 more years of this school shit. But to be honest, my classes are effing interesting as hell. What other class would make you read the script for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as the assignment? As for the Spice Girls and Alanis music, I now have the Jagged Little Pill album and some Spice Girls songs in my playlist just for the nostaglia. When I listen to these songs, it just takes me back to those times where Felice would blast them in the background. Good times.

I also remember stuff when Wency had someone who had a crush on him. I still remember that her name was Cheryl. She even gave him a love letter during 6th grade. All of Cheryl's girlfriends called Wency to say that Cheryl liked him. When Wency told Cheryl that he didn't like her, she took it seriously. She even tried committing suicide. You see ladies, Wency was the man back then! He was so hot he made a girl attempt suicide! I doubt Wency would not say no anymore. He needs a girl. Bad. Real bad. He needs it so bad right now that his computer and PS2 are beginning to be the threesome for him. All he needs are McChickens, Quiznos subs, and some games and he's done for life! We cannot have that type of Wency! We must have the ladies man Wency back! Ladies, give him a call! His number is (630) 290-2853.

On a final note, I watched Oldboy again earlier tonight and what a masterstroke of genius that film is. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it highly.

Wow. That was a long post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home