Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've been again watching a shitload of movies the past few weeks and here are my thoughts:

Slither: Hilarious. It's sad this movie was a flop because it was so great.

Thank You for Smoking: Another hilarious film. I expect this to get awards for its main star, Aaron Eckhart and the incredible adaptation. One of the best films this year.

Take the Lead: Thank God I saw this at a friend's house (in 720p too!) because man, is it really cliched. But yet, I found it to be entertaining.

Serenity: I didn't expect a lot from this movie. I hated the ads and I thought it was gonna suck because of all the hype. Well, it didn't suck. I found it to be one of the most entertaining films of last year not because of the visuals but because of the snappy writing by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel). It's sad this movie never found an audience.

In the Mouth of Madness: Man, I didn't get this movie at all when it was finished. It wasn't even scary! It did have a great line though: "Sorry about the balls...it was a lucky shot, that's all!"

Fearless (aka Huo Yuan Jia): Wow. What a great film from Jet Li and Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason). I didn't find the film to be dragging one bit. Great fights choreographed by the master Yuen Woo-Ping (the Matrix trilogy, Fist of Legend) add to the great story of Wushu master Huo Yuan Jia.

I still have a lot of films to watch on my hard drive: 2046, Beverly Hills Cop, Antarctic Journal, and others. I watched American Idol yesterday and man was Katharine hot again. But man did Kellie suck. Is she really stupid or what? She didn't even get that "words and lyrics" joke until 10 seconds later. But who got booted off this week? Ace Young. Thank god, that falsetto fuck finally got the boot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home