Saturday, March 25, 2006

My spring break was a bust. It was mostly sleeping and eating (preferably at McDonald's or Burger King because it's cheap). I still have numerous assignments to do and tomorrow I'll probably wonder why I didn't do the homework earlier. I've been watching a lot of movies lately and here are some of them:

Everything is Illuminated: The theatrical trailer intrigued me so I rented the DVD. The movie itself is actually pretty good. Elijah Wood (who's been picking great roles lately) gives a good performance as Jonathan but it's the supporting characters that give the film it's originality. I don't know their names and I won't spend time looking for their names on IMDB but the grandfather character was pretty funny. A great movie directed by Liev Schreiber (the guy in Scream and Kate & Leopold).

Inside Man: I didn't have high hopes for this movie. Sure, it was getting excellent reviews (a rarity this time of the year) and the tv spots did get me interested but would the film? The film was superb to say the least. All actors in this film give awesome performances (Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer, and the always underrated Chiwetel Ejiofor). I especially loved the payoff at the end.

Groundhog Day: What if you lived the same day, everyday? Well, I would freak. But in the case of Phil Connors (Bill Murray), it would be hilarious. Man, this movie was funny. I think my favorite quote from the film has to be "This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat!"

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - This movie requires a lot of patience from the viewer. It did drag during some scenes but the kills were pretty cool. It was funny to see an old guy rapping to Flava Flav.

If anyone has heard Tom DeLonge's new music project Angels & Airwaves, don't you think it sounds so much like U2? One radio DJ summed it up best, "I think someone stole The Edge's guitar." The best music you'll hear in a decade, MY ASS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home