Sunday, August 06, 2006

Felice commented on my earlier post asking if I was going to the Philippines.......um, maybe? Is that a good enough answer?

Well, this past week has been good and bad. For the good, I finally calibrated my television and now it looks 70% awesome. I wish I could fix the focus, convergence, and bowing problems of the television. It definitely looks much better though.

Now for the bad, my financial aid information came in from Columbia and it is not good. I am only getting $1,750 PER SEMESTER this year. I was definitely pissed. I bet they looked at my dad's salary and said, "WHY THE HELL DOES THIS KID NEED FINANCIAL AID?!" You see my readers my father makes a lot of money. The problem is that he cannot divide the fine line between "want" and "need." I rarely buy anything anymore (except fast food which I will get to later). I always ask myself before purchasing something, "do I need this or do I want it?" My dad buys so many unnecessary things like a frickin' convection oven, numerous DVD box sets he will never watch (Cheers and Golden Girls come to mind), he keeps on purchasing beef (which I don't eat a lot of because of my psoriasis), and other useless items. He keeps on saying that "WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!" The problem is that we do have a lot of money, it's just that he makes such poor decisions with it that we no longer have enough of it. I can't say anything about my mom with her money because she gives half of her salary to my father.

On another note about my dad, I wish he was just more calm, less irritating, and much less personal. Today, he was screaming about how my mother's friend Ellen could never eat anything with sugar (because she's on the South Beach Diet) and how she will die. I don't know why he was screaming about her and why he cares about her problem. Ellen doesn't make it a problem but he is certainly making it his. The thing is that he really hates Ellen. He has such a pure hatred for her that it's definitely identifiable on his face with just the mention of her name.

Now on to another subject. I am currently on a diet and I have already cheated. I eat only rabbit food (veggies, stuff with no sugar or carbs). Last Friday I was so hungry that I bought myself a Whopper and hash browns in the morning at Burger King. Man, it really hit the spot. I tried to cover my tracks. I wiped down the kitchen table, I cleaned all my dishes, and discarded the BK bag in the main waste bin. However, my mom caught me later that afternoon. When she asked "Daniel, you already ate Burger King?! You're already cheating?!" I spoke back, "What?!! When?! I never ate at Burger King!" She then said, "I found the receipt on the floor." I was like, "Oh, shit." From now on, I gave my debit/credit card to Wency so I wouldn't cheat.

I just hate the fact that I can't eat any carbs. I can take not eating any sugar but the carbs....man, I NEED ME CARBS! I never missed bread like today. Today, my father bought some gyros for dinner and man, I was craving for those pitas. I could only eat the meat and they were crying for their friend, the pita bread. Fortunately, I was able to pull it through and just eat the meat.

The reason I went on a diet because I really need to lose the weight. I just wish that the weight would fall off easier. I used to buy too much fast food. I think I wasted too much money on fast food. Add to that the failure to exercise and you got one BIG. FAT. ASS. TOO. MUCH. ASS.

On another entirely different note, My Super Ex-Girlfriend was enjoyable and it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying. Anna Faris was really hot in this movie. I was quite attractive in the Scary Movie films but here she was really hot. Uma was hot here too but man, Faris was really, really hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home