Sunday, August 19, 2007

Failure to Launch

I know it's been awhile since I posted on this blog. I could tell you to watch Superbad (it's FUCKING HILARIOUS!) and skip Rush Hour 3 (it's fucking stupid). I could also tell you how I want to watch Stardust but I don't really want to pay for it. I could also tell you about my great experiences at the internship with Avenue Audio. But I want to tell you about someone else, my brother. For weeks I have been telling Jorge to give me $100 if he wanted to know the secret of all secrets. Well, the secret is out, my mom knows, my dad knows, and even some of my cousins know.

The secret?
Wency's gonna kill me for this but I don't care. He didn't plan shit. He just winged everything. That so-called website for R&R Textiles? I've never seen it. I am so pissed at him right now for procrastinating with such an important matter like his diploma. He waited so long to do something about it and now it's biting him in the fucking ass. Okay, now on to the secret: He NEVER graduated. There Jorge, you can keep the $100. He was 3 fucking hours shy of graduating. But the problem was bigger than that.

My brother knew that he didn't graduate since the middle of FUCKING JUNE! Yet, he didn't do anything about it. He slacked off for two and a half months while doing nothing at all. He kept on complaining that he couldn't find a job because he couldn't drive (BULLSHIT). When he drove, he never remembered what little things to do or even where the streets are. In the end, he just started working at R&R Textile Mills with my mom. I kept on pushing him to do something about his classes but he just waved me off and kept on telling me, "Shut up, Daniel". Now he's fucking downstairs getting ripped a new asshole from my dad and that is another thing.

My dad kept on asking him the past few weeks, "Wency, did you get your diploma?" He just nodded along like an asshole. One time, while driving, my dad asked him the same question and he responded, "I'm sorry Papa, I'm driving, I can't do two things at once." This past evening, our dad, my brother, and I were eating dinner when he suddenly asks, "Did you get your diploma yet?" My brother stood there silent for about three minutes. It was a freaking deafening three minutes. I kept on saying to myself in my mind, "Wency, tell him NOW! TELL HIM THE TRUTH!" I couldn't take it anymore. I had to tell my dad. I couldn't fucking give up this charade anymore for my a pussy like my brother. I finally said, "He never graduated. He's 3 hours shy." The worst of the worst finally happened. It was my brother's problem and I had to tell our dad myself what it was.

And that is why I am so pissed with my brother. Most of the time, my father is wrong but this time he is 100% right. "Didn't you have a plan in mind?" my father asked and my brother responded, "NO." Now I understand what Jorge is talking about. "A wasted opportunity" Jorge tells me on Messenger. I never understood him before but looking at it now, I understand completely.

All of you others can say, "But you haven't graduated Daniel?" Well, that's the thing, I changed my major. Instead of four years, it took six. The thing here is that I got GREAT grades. I love what I do. My brother on the other hand would barely pass his major classes (with the exception of a few where he did pass with flying colors). It felt like he never really wanted to do computer science. Why would you do that? Would you want to go through your life wasting away at a job you don't love and probably never even like? For me, um, hell fucking NO.

I'm sorry Wency but this is not a betrayal but just a post to FUCKING GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home