Friday, May 21, 2004

Why MTV sucks donkey dicks.


MTV,

I'm beginning to lose faith in you despite the coolness of Pimp My Ride, Punk'd, and Wildboyz. But the rotation of music videos is really pathetic. Let's see what you play:

Twista - Overnight Celebrity
Britney Spears - Everytime
Petey Pablo - Freek a Leek
D12 - My Band
New Found Glory - All Downhill From Here
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Modest Mouse - Float On
Alicia Keys - I forgot the title


These are seriously the only music videos they play from 10pm - 2pm everyday. They do play "other" music videos but these are seriously the only ones they play. I hate each and everyone of them. Some were good, until pressed repeat on the remote control.

Recently, Linkin Park came out with a video for their new single, "Breaking the Habit." My brother happened to download from eMule because MTV won't play it YET. Why not play it? They'll play the music video after a month or so. MTV doesn't even play the new Incubus music video at all!

The dumb thing is that the new Linkin Park video is in my opinion, the best music video they have ever done. A mix of Production I.G. Japanese animation and Linkin Park music creates a really brilliant music video. I especially love the ending of the music video reminding me of A-Ha's "Take On Me" music video. If only bands would think with their heads to create a music video rather than overuse cliches then MTV would be a much better. If MTV does play "Breaking the Habit" I hope they don't repeat the fucking hell out of it.

Rock away, rock away, and happy birthday Chrissie!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home