Wednesday, August 25, 2004

My TOP FIVE best movie endings of all time.

1) Infernal Affairs (Directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak)
This is, by far, the best ending I have ever seen. The ending is more emotional, more shocking, and more satisfying than any ending I have ever seen. The film pushes the pace throughout the film to this remarkable ending that will stand the test of time.

2) Oldboy (Directed by Chan-wook Park)
Can you mindfuck? Another shocking ending in my book that epitomizes the definition of mindfuck. A brilliant and edgy performance from South Korea's best actor, Choi Min-sik (Shiri).

3) Memento (Directed by Christopher Nolan)
Another mindfuck ending that made me go "whoa." The reverse order of events really adds to the film.

4) Hero (Directed by Zhang Yimou)
A beautiful yet somber ending to one of the best films of the new millenium. Credit goes to Tony Leung Chiu-Wai and Maggie Cheung for their amazing performances.

5) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Directed by Ang Lee)
Emotion. Pure, unfiltered emotion is what you get from this ending. It almost brings tears to your eyes.

My BOTTOM FIVE worst endings of all time.

1) Alien vs. Predator (Directed by Paul William Scott Anderson)
Any director with four names has gotta suck and Anderson is no exception. This is one of the worst films I have ever seen. This is the definition of BAD from beginning to end. And that ending, ugh, I think I'm gonna throw up.

2) The Village (Directed by M. Night Shymalan)
What the fuck was M. Night Shymalan thinking when writing this film? Was he smoking crack when writing this piece of shit? I want my money back M. Night.

3) The Matrix Revolutions (Directed by Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski)
The man vs. machine war led up to this? A pussified ending where I didn't know what the fuck was going on. If Joel Silver said this film set the bar so high there's no bar, he's right. He's right because the horrible ending removed the fucking bar. C'mon, the first Matrix and Matrix Reloaded promised some great things, but not this.

4) Citizen Kane (Directed by Orson Welles)
The greatest movie of all time? Yeah right! Sure, the movie was okay but that ending took it from being great. Rosebud? Oh fuck you.

5) Alien vs. Predator
Man, I think I need to mention this movie once more. Yes people, it really is that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home