Sunday, February 12, 2006

I also forgot to mention that I rented Incubus: Live at Red Rocks and Rage Against the Machine: The Battle for Mexico City. I didn't like any of these concert DVDs, the Incubus concert DVD was just too Brandon Boyd-centric for me. 95% of the footage featuring Boyd singing, dancing around, or doing something with the microphone. They rarely shot DJ Kilmore doing the turntables, Mike playing amazingly well, José with his masterful drum playing, or Ben Kenney with his awesome bass playing. Despite the video transfer of the DVD being flawless (the concert was shot in HD), I really hate it when the presentation is only shot with one band member in mind. The Rage Against the Machine on the other hand shot all four members of the band equally. The main problem for me was the fucked up editing. Despite the sound being in real time, it would be cut in slow motion, then black and white, and fucked up colors. It really annoyed the fuck outta me. I also had the U2 - Live in Chicago DVD in my hard drive but I accidentally deleted it. FUCK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home