Monday, May 08, 2006

Mission: Impossible 3!

I wish I could like this movie.

But I can't.

There are a couple of scenes that are decent but overall I felt empty. There were no action scenes that made me go "WOOOOOO! What a rush!" Director Abrams intrigues the viewer by placing a much later scene in the beginning of the film. It makes the film compelling but how can a movie be good if there's no substance after?

I was reminded of many other films like watching this film: Aliens, John Woo's the Killer, Hard Boiled, TV's 24, Speed, the Man in the Iron Mask, etc. It's like Abrams took the best scenes of this film and just placed it here. Abrams has great actors but their performances are shoddy at best. When there's a performance that truly shines (Hoffman's comes to mind), his role is so small that if you've seen any of the tv spots you've seen his entire performance. I didn't care about the characters. I didn't give a shit about Ethan Hunt or his girlfriend. I didn't even give a crap about John Rhys-Meyers or Maggie Q (despite her hotness).

Finally, I knew the twist even in the beginning of the movie. When the character does this certain type of face or acts a particular way, HE'S A VILLAIN. And the way the villains were killed was so so weak. ARGH!

Keri Russell did look mighty delicious in the flashback scenes (except when she had the googly eye, that was gross).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home