Tuesday, May 02, 2006

United 93: It took me a while to write a review of this film because it took me a while just to write a reaction to it. There's one question to be asked: can there a film where one can die of a heart attack just by watching it? United 93 is one of these films. Not because of what happens but the way scenes are presented are so emotionally charged that all you can do is just sit back and hope for them to get through it safely. When the passengers start fighting back the only thing I could hear is my heart beating. LOUDLY. Really loudly. There are some scenes that angered me and some that bored the hell out of me but when Todd Beamer says, "C'mon guys, let's roll," my blood pressure began to rise. It is undoubtedly one of the most intense scenes ever shot on film. It is as if you want the heroes to triumph and you know they won't and it makes the film harder to swallow. But one thing is definite, this is one of the best films of the year and one of the most important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home