Friday, September 01, 2006

I didn't watch the entire MTV Video Music Awards. After the first 30 minutes, it was so goddamn boring that I didn't care anymore. I only woke up to see Kanye presenting Hype Williams with that fucking lifetime award thingy. I heard that the show was shitty. The performances were shitty, Jack Black was shitty, and the winners were shitty. I heard that Missy Elliot won for best special effects in a video. What the cockshit?! Didn't they ever see Nine Inch Nails' video for "Only"? That set a new bar for special effects in a music video. I still think that the best VMAs were in 1997. That show rocked the shit. Chris Rock was funny, the performances were awesome, and the nominees were all deserving.

I was definitely pissed when Kanye West said that Hype Williams is a genius and reinvented the music video. What? Did I hear that correctly? All his music videos were the same! They all had rappers opening bottles of Cristal while wearing their fucking bling. I think that Williams degraded the value of a music video rather than reinventing it. The only music video director I see that was truly great was Mark Romanek. Watch his DVD if you have to. It is definite proof that the guy is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home