Friday, August 25, 2006

What do I do when I'm bored? I watch movies. Just saw two more: The Basketball Diaries starring Jack Dawson and Marky Mark and Clean starring Maggie Cheung and Nick Nolte. Too bad Leo DiCaprio became such a puffy bastard doing mostly Marty Scorsese movies. I liked TBD but I didn't love it. I don't know but it was such a negative type of film. The drug withdrawal scenes just grossed me out rather than keeping me more interested.

Clean is almost like TBD because of the drug use but it couldn't be any more different. Yes, there is drug use in the film but the film is mostly about Emily's (Maggie Cheung) path to redemption and forgiveness to those who hate her (her son, mother-in-law, and almost everyone else) and those who pity her and try their best to help her (Nick Nolte, in a calm performance). The star is of course Maggie and she shows why she's one of the best actresses in the world. What other actress can speak Cantonese, Mandarin, French, AND English? Her English accent is so goddamn sexy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home