Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm back in Lombard, Illinois and I feel so.....depressed. It never hit me until I arrived home. Everything at home seemed so different. It felt like the place was abandoned. There was no life in the house. It seemed that everything was dead in the house. My dad said that no one called since we left. But man, I really feel depressed, I really miss my cousins. I even miss picking on J.L. The last time I was in the Philippines, I told them I was coming back that December. I ended up going back 4 years later. I hope to go back to the Philippines this Christmas with my brother this time. I missed my bro when I was in the Philippines because no one was actually drinking that much. Hell, Kat and Felice ordered beers but ended up NOT finishing them.

I told Chrissie and Felice that this trip to the Philippines is the sequel to the one in 2002-2003. It still had most of the main characters (Chri, Fi, Kat, Pammy, etc) but some were missing (Wency, Nona, Erika, Tita Bely, Tita Linda, etc). The ending didn't seem to be as sad as the first. Hell, no tears were shed this time around. I was a sobbing mess last time when I cracked and cried as the door closed. But I think that this time, the feeling of loss is much more. There were many great memories in the Philippines.

I'll break it up as the good times, the bad times, and the shit times.
Good times:
- The cockroach during the first few hours of our arrival at the condo. (I think I've written about this before).
- The delayed reaction of seeing the cockroach. (I think we saw it, looked at it for 2 seconds, and then all screamed and ran. Chrissie ended up killing the fucker).
- Miggy and Ramon finally being mature. Sadly, J.L. hadn't changed his attitude a bit. I see my dad in J.L.
- Finally seeing Pam's long-time BF, Arvin. I always imagined he would have a deep voice but he didn't. I can't describe it but I loved the way he would say "battleshits" and "n*gg*r".
- Hanging out with Giles and Jason (Pam's BFFs) at Red Box, Glorietta, and the condo.
- Seeing Tito Luis walk into a really clean pane of glass. Chrissie suddenly screaming at me, "DON'T LAUGH DANIEL!" Looking at Ramon, Miggy, and Felice where they are laughing as well. Me clenching my teeth as hard as hell trying hard NOT to laugh.
- Later on, at the Coffee Bean, Chrissie laughing so hard she started to cry (we were still laughing at Tito Luis walking into the glass pane).
- Handing out food to the poor and homeless as Santa.
- The Boracay trip: the beach, the food, Mama getting hit in the stomach with a palm tree branch (that was hella funny).
- My psoriasis clearing up.
- Enchanted Kingdom!!!!!!!
- The food!!!! Pepperoni CRUNCH!!!! CHEESY VOLCANO!!!!! I really hate the McRice burger!!!!!!
- The ending of the movie that Felice made. I cried a little bit while watching it.

The Bad Times:
- The fucked up router in Chrissie's room. Tried everything in my power to fix it. Sadly, it was truly fucked. I ended up just buying a new router for them.
- J.L. in Boracay. Man, what an ass.
- The ants in the bed in Boracay and on the floor of the church in Boracay.
- Pam absence during the last week of my vacation. I think I'm gonna kill Steve Jobs. I still want an iPhone though.
- Sleeping in Lola's room. My God, the horror, the horror.
- Searching for weed in the Philippines came up empty until the final hours of my vacation. When Roland (Tito Luis's driver) said he had a lot of it.
- My departure from the Philippines.
- My return to Lombard.

The Shit times:
- Lola's spaghetti. My god, the noodles were so drenched in butter, and the meat sauce, my God! It was like a gallon of fat swimming on top of the meat.
- My body's reaction to the spaghetti. I think Lola has fucked up my bowel movements.
- Felice having the shits and pukes. Because of this, Felice was missing in our adventures of seeing Tito Owie with a dude, going to Shakey's for snack, eating at TGI Friday's for dinner, and then seeing Blood Diamond.

I hope to be back in the Philippines this December. I first gotta find a job and then save some money. And I hope that Wency will come with me this time. His hijinks are hilarious. Seriously boy, that youtube video you made was effing bor-ing.

I can't remember anything else right now. I'll update information as it comes to me. I'm going to sleep now.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Fifi said...

Daniel,

It ain't the same without you here. WE miss you a lot. Thanks so much for the fun memories. Please force Wency to come with you this December. I promise you guys will have a wonderful time.

Felice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home