Friday, October 12, 2007

To some Radiohead fans, FUCK YOU!

I can't believe so many people are bitching about the sound quality of Radiohead's new album. They complain that the bit rate is so low or that it didn't give them much time to cancel their orders because the bitrate is so low. Well, what did they expect when they were given the choice to actually PAY for the album? Before ordering, it even said on the website TWICE that it would be your choice to actually pay for the album.

Two days ago, I received an e-mail saying that I will be downloading 10 160 kbps mp3s. For Radiohead, this is not good enough. BUT THEN AGAIN, IF YOU WANTED TO GIVE MONEY, YOU WEREN'T FORCED TO!!!!! And I didn't pay shit for the downloads.

Their songs are densely layered that every nuance must be heard on every track. But because I already purchased the discbox (coming December 3rd) I really didn't give a shit. All I wanted was some new fucking Radiohead. Well, I got new Radiohead and 'tis fucking brilliant. It's their best since OK Computer. Kid A was frustrating but sometimes perfect, Amnesiac I didn't know what the fuck they were doing, and Hail to the Thief meandered a lot with only a few gems thrown in.

It would be even better if the website had the actual 24-bit/96 kHz studio masters encoded onto FLAC. Now that would be amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home