Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm beginning to get tired of all these TRL musicians. The new one on the block is quasi-John Mayer look-a-like Teddy Geiger and what do you know.....his lyrics suck. I saw his music video on MTV and it's about a girl he can't have. Well fuck, he looks like a model and yet he can't get a date. Boo fucking hoo. I'll have to make a song about it. I like John Mayer, his guitar playing can be quite good at times but I hate people who sound exactly like him. Teddy Geiger is one of these people but too bad his lyrics suck. He doesn't even have the musicianship of Mayer (who fortunately ran away from that TRL image and went back to old school rock). Look at some of these fucked up lyrics from Teddy Geiger:

Do I seem familiar, i've crossed you in hallways
a thousand times, no more camouflauge
I want to be exposed, and not be afraid to fall.

If I could dim the lights in the mall
And create a mood I would
Shout out your name so it echoes in every room

If all he talks about his albums is about chicks then he's already a fucking sellout. I prefer musicians like Buckley (whose words still inspire people now) who never sold out to write about chicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home