Sunday, March 04, 2007

Zodiac is meticulous, asphyxiating, thrilling, but most of all BRILLIANT. This Fincher magnum opus may be the best film or one of the best films I will see all year. The film does require a lot of attention AND patience. It's too bad the people around me thought it "SUCKED" or "THAT'S THREE HOURS OF MY LIFE I'LL NEVER GET BACK!" It is still not as perfect as Fincher's previous serial killer masterpiece, Se7en, but it is still a near-perfect film (seriously, can anyone write a better ending to Se7en?). Robert Downey, Jr. and Jake Gyllenhall both give great performances but the one performance that stood out for me was Mark Ruffalo in the role of David Toschi. I also found the misc-en-scene of food being throughout the film being quite amusing. Some people may find the ending too anti-climatic but I found it to be perfect. Major points go to cinematographer Harris Savides and his use of the awesome Thomson Viper HD hard drive camera. I would really have wished to see this film in a digitally projected theatre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home