Saturday, February 10, 2007

Björk, Vinyl, new Blogger, and Pam's music

I think I've fallen in love with Björk. I've been listening to her 2001 album "Vespertine" non-stop the past two days and I think it's her best album. The musical layers put into every song just blows my mind. Everytime I listen to "Harm of Will" or "Unison" I hear new sounds each time I listen. And the best part is that it is engineered and mixed beautifully. It's sad though that she's going pop on her next album with Timbaland as producer. Experimental music is truly her niche and it is what makes her unique among every musician out there. I wonder what her albums would sound like on vinyl.

Speaking of vinyl, I think it creates the most beautiful, rich, and wonderful sounds. I listened to a comparison of the Red Hot Chili Peppers album, Stadium Arcadium, on CD and on vinyl. I was amazed at the clarity of the LP. The recording was no longer sounding "hot" (meaning loud) but astonishingly clear. I could distinctly hear every instrument. Flea's bass, which sounded almost nonexistent on the CD, comes through in spades on the LP. The drums ring beautifully without any harshness, Frusciante's guitar is no longer clipping, and most of all Kiedis's voice has never sounded better. The mixing of the vinyl version was so good, I could clearly hear Frusciante's backup vocals behind Kiedis's. This was something I could never hear on the CD. I wish I had a turntable or if someone could needle drop the LP for me that would be awesome.

Yesterday, I wanted to update this blog but Blogger wouldn't let me. I tried converting this blog to the new Blogger but due to a problem with my blog I couldn't switch to the new blogger.

On a final note, I think my cousin Pam has the best taste in music, who else can listen to the beautiful Rachael Yamagata then continue to the Bloodhound Gang's "I Wish I Was Queer So I Can Pick Up Chicks"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home