Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I hate copy protected CDs.

I bought the new Foo Fighters In Your Honor CD and to my dismay it had a sticker on it saying that it was copy protected. When I inserted the CD to my computer it downloaded all this shit onto it. When I tried ripping the songs into my hard drive, I couldn't. The error correction function on Exact Audio Copy (the program I use to rip music) was going nuts. When I canceled the extraction I played the stuff that I ripped. It was just garbled garbage.

Thank god for search engines.

I typed the words "Foo Fighters Copy Protection" into the space and I got a shitload of entries. Dozens of people were complaining about the CD and how they can't rip the songs onto their hard drives. Well, there is something to remove the fucking copy protection. Before you insert the CD, hold down the SHIFT key. When the CD is inserted, keep holding down the SHIFT key. And you know what? It works like a fucking charm.

This is what I hate about the music industry. They keep on saying that piracy is rampant and all these people are fucking stealing and downloading. Well, you know what? That's bullshit. I bought the fucking CD so I can fucking do whatever the fuck I want. FUCK YOU RIAA.

As for the album, it's fucking awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home