Friday, October 28, 2005

Movie Review

Saw 2: When they announced a sequel last year to the original Saw I thought it was gonna be crap. The film was shot in 25 days with a $3 million budget. "No way is the film gonna be even close to the original, even if the original was shit," I said to myself. But holy shit. This one was good. The film is a marked improvement over the original with better acting and a better twist than the original. Although I found this sequel to be absolutely superior to the original, there are some parts that I hated. I kept on asking myself close to the ending....."Are people this stupid?" Why is it that characters in films finally find things when the countdown is almost down to one minute? Another negative is Darren Lynn Bousman's direction. Instead of having his own style, he recreates James Wan's cross-crap cutting where you don't know what the fuck is happening. Dude, we know the character is dying you don't need to have 500 cuts to show that! Aside from these negatives, the film is much faster in pace and the connection to the original Saw is awesome. B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home