Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm always forgetting to mention the two foreign films I watched last week. One of them being the ultimately cool French film Le Samouraï and Fritz Lang's M (a German film). I'd have to say that both films were excellent. They don't make films like these anymore. Le Samouraï was badass to the bone. Even to the extreme, the main character, Jef, doesn't lose his cool. Now I know why John Woo loved this movie so much (which the Killer was a loose remake of). Now on to Fritz Lang's M. This film haunted me for a couple of hours after viewing it. Sure, the film print was scratchy and the sound was horrible but the story is scary. Just imagine a child murderer out there on the streets and no one can catch him. Everyone hates him so much that you have not only the police looking out for him but every criminal in the town as well. The last shot of the film is not only mesmerizing but chilling to the bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home