Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I saw a shitload of movies (thanks to me bro, Wency) over the weekend.

Alpha Dog: Man, this movie fucking sucked to the bone. Almost everyone in this movie is miscast. The only person not miscast in the film in my opinion was Bruce Willis. And man oh man, Justin Timberlake cannot act. I wanted to kill his character by the end of the movie. By the way, this film features one of the worst make up jobs ever. Just watch the end.

Harsh Times: If Justin Timberlake couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, Christian Bale knows how to embody the characters he plays. From Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) to Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins), I will always believe the character he plays. This movie was pretty good with great performances (the only perf that was less than stellar was Eva Longoria) but the ending was a little bit anti-climatic.

Curse of the Golden Flower: Out of the three epic martial arts films of Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and this one), Curse is obviously the weakest. Despite this, I still enjoyed this melodramatic visual feast. I loved Gong Li's magnificent bodice and performance but most of all I enjoyed Chow Yun-Fat's performance as the asshole villain of a father.

Venus: Peter O'Toole truly deserved his nomination for this film but it is nowhere close to the performance of Forest Whitakers in the Last King of Scotland. I found the film to be quite hilarious at times and at the end quite sad. It's quite sad what drinking and smoking can do to the body. Just look up Peter O'Toole during his Lawrence of Arabia days and now where he's only 2 years older than Alan Arkin but looks much older.



Smoking Aces: I watched this film a while ago but man, what an adrenaline rush of a film. And man oh man oh man, I doubt Alicia Keys ever looked hotter. There's this one shot of her and I went DAAAMMMNNNNN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home