Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Batman Begins (PG-13)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Cillian Murphy, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Rutger Hauer, Michael Caine, Ken Watanabe, Tom Wilkinson, and Linus Roache.

My brother and I bought tickets to the midnight showing of Batman Begins. When we entered the theater no one checked our ticket stubs. Anyone could have gone into Batman without paying. The auditorium was packed to the gills with teens and when I mean packed I mean Star Wars packed. There wasn't an empty seat in the house. Now onto the film. I have never felt anything for a film like this before and this is just the first viewing. I had overly high expectations about the film. I watched all the trailers, all the television commercials, and even the 10 minute preview on television. It wasn't helping either that the soundtrack sounded amazing. While I had my expectations, I never thought that they would ever be surpassed. Well folks, not only were my expectations surpassed, they were absolutely obliterated. I've never felt a film end in such a high note as this. Be it Million Dollar Baby, Return of the King, Oldboy, or any other film I've loved, their endings were stupendous and some even perfect but I never felt this sense of satisfaction before. In other words, this movie is the shit. This movie is fucking awesome and balls to the wall great.

Giving a summary and proper review would diminish its greatness. This is the best film of 2005 yet.

Grade: A+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home