Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The shit's been going down the past few couple of days. I heard that Mozzie rocked the shit at Fete. Great job guys, I wish I was there to cheer you guys on and make a moshpit for you guys. Saw Batman Begins again on Saturday but this time on IMAX. I saw BB last Tuesday and the picture was off center, the sound was a few pitches too high, and the focus of the projector sucked ass. Well, the IMAX experience (as they call it here) was absolutely fantastic. Just imagine watching a film 5 times larger, 10 times clearer, and 20 times louder than in any regular theatre. That is the IMAX experience. It certainly made BB even better. Batman Begins is now one of my favorite films EVER. The ending absolutely drives me nuts because its so pitch perfect.

Sunday was father's day and he brought us to McDonald's. Not just any McDonald's but the McDonald's of the future in Oakbrook. This new McDonald's was just insane. New sandwiches, plasma screens, wi-fi internet, employees who pick up after you, and other stuff. All I can say about the food is that it really tasted clean, too clean. It felt like eating in a restaurant than a regular McDonalds.

I recently got tagged by Pam's boy toy, Arvino:

Total volume of music files on my computer:
3.85 GB of music

The last CD(s) I bought:
Batman Begins [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ James Newton Howard & Hans Zimmer
In Your Honor (2LP) ~ Foo Fighters

Songs playing right now:
"Grace" ~ Jeff Buckley

Five (how about six?) songs that I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

1. "The Last Goodbye" ~ Jeff Buckley (My ex-gf Leah gave me this song before she broke up with me. A truly beautiful song from one of the world's finest musicians who died too young).

2. "Tears in Heaven" ~ Eric Clapton (Had great times with this song. Sang this at Rico Puno's bar while in the Philippines in 2002/2003).

3. "Walking After You (Remix)" ~ Foo Fighters (If the Foo Fighters rocked harder than anyone, they also played the best love songs).

4. "Hallelujah" ~ Jeff Buckley (Sure, this was first Leonard Cohen's song but Buckley refined it, made it stronger and more resonant, and whereas the Cohen version was flawed, Buckley perfected it).

5. "Freedom" ~ Rage Against the Machine (I still believe that the best Rage album is their first. This is Rage at their most potent, pure, and amazing).

6. "The Scientist" ~ Coldplay (By far, Coldplay's best song. Fusing Chris Martin's somber lyrics with the delicate sounds of the piano, guitar, bass, and synth to make this one of the best songs of the 21st century).

On the subject of Coldplay, I still can't get into their new album. None of the songs never really pull me in or ever take flight. It's their most disappointing album to date.

On another note, Radiohead's OK COMPUTER album made the Spin magazine list of the 100 best albums at #1. It really deserves that spot. The album is epic and flawless and is better as a whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home