Tuesday, November 01, 2005

How was my Halloween? Pretty boring. I think the only highlight of my day is watching "Prison Break." Aside from "Lost" and "Prison Break" TV is pretty boring. Oh, I forgot about "Best Week Ever" on VH1, which is actually one of the funniest TV shows (with Family Guy, American Dad, and South Park). I watched the Weather Man on Saturday afternoon and found it to be one of the better films to be released this year. Why the hate for this movie? Yes, it does drag in parts but so many scenes are hilarious that it justifies a viewing at the cinema. I think Nicolas Cage gives one of his better performances as David Spritz, a weather man in Chicago who doesn't know where his life is going. He still loves his ex-wife despite their quarreling, his kids don't hate him but dislike being with him, and he really really hates his ex-wife's boyfriend (a "pork-fuck" as I understand). I'd give the film a really solid B+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home