Monday, December 12, 2005

The last week of school.....and I haven't done shit.

I have to do:
- project for Urban Geography
- project for Geology
- Journal for Geology
- Final exam questions for Geology
- finish 2 more assignments for Geology
- Do questions from Speech
- prepare for debate in Speech
- study for stupid History of Cinema exam

Damn. I only realized now that I have a lot to do in 3 days. All I have to do is remain calm.

I have been reading about the motion picture awards season and it looks like Brokeback Mountain is winning it all. It has already won the Los Angeles and Boston Film Critics Best Picture and Best Director awards. There's something that struck me about Brokeback Mountain that Anne Hathaway said. She mentioned that it will not make that much money in theatres but on DVD it will explode. "Those people who really want to see it but are afraid to because of their peers will want to buy it on DVD." I completely agree with this statement not because Anne Hathaway is hot but because it's true. There's always that guy who will want to see it but because that's person's friends will say "that's a fag movie dude" or "only gay people will see that". It's the peer pressure, folks.

I, on the other hand, want to see it. Despite the story being about two men having a relationship, it a classic love story. Replace the one of the characters with a woman and there's no problem with it. I'll be going to the theatre not because I'm a fag or gay (which, I'm not) but because according to many people and film critics it is truly a great film.

On another note, have you seen crazy Tom's new teaser trailer for Mission: Impossible III? Sure, he may be trapped in the closet with R. Kelly and John Travolta but this teaser is well edited. It sure looks to be action packed. You can see it right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home