Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. It's the laziness you see. I'm just plain lazy. As of right now, a lot has been going on through my mind. It's rather the problems of paying COD or Columbia College or whether my History of Cinema teacher got my paper. I currently chose five classes to take at COD and it's costing $1,310 for the semester. I don't know whether to pay for it in payments or just one full sum. Another problem is that I received a bill today from Columbia saying that I haven't paid my tuition yet and that it's late. You see, that's a huge fucking problem because I thought I took care of all my financial aid. I look up Oasis to see if I am missing any documents and there's absolutely none to be found. I check to see that the Pell Grant was fucking gone from my financial aid so I was fucked over big time. I recently upped the amount on the Loan I'm getting from the government.

The last thing is that I'm hoping that my History of Cinema teacher received my term paper. You see, I turned in the goddamn paper a month and a half ago and placed it in her mailbox. The bitch told me a week ago that she never received it because it may have been that the mailbox was overflowing and the secretary threw out what was overflowing it. Instead of going home last Thursday and waking up late on Friday, I had to wake my ass up early at 5:30 just to turn it a goddamn paper. I hope she fucking got it because if she did not I'm gonna be so pissed.

This brings me to my last thing. Why the hell didn't I just take all my general education classes at COD? Man, I'm so fucking stupid. I could have taken all my gen ed's for a year and a half and pay only about $4000. But the thing is, I'm dumb as anyone could be. Columbia convinced me that I could take my general education classes with my major. So instead of taking all my general education courses in one fell swoop, I was thinking about the design of the heart in one class while talking about Kung Fu Hustle in the other class. I spoke with my advisor and he tells many of his students that taking general education courses somewhere is much cheaper but his students fail to realize this because their parents are the ones paying the tuition. What I also failed to realize is that most of my classmates have mommies and daddies rich enough to pay for their tuition and residence. I'm not saying that my family is poor but my dad has a huge spending problem and his salary is not enough to pay debts along with the tuition for the schools my brother and I are going to.

On January 1st, I'm already planning to fill out my FAFSA to maximize the financial aid I can get. This year, I filled it out in August and believing that my aunt would be my sponsor that I would get a shitload of aid from the government. The problem is that it doesn't work that way and now I'm being fucked in the ass by Columbia. Man, I don't know why that school costs so fucking much. I'm sorry for going on a rant here but I'm just so disappointed in myself. I wish I could be smarter with my decisions instead of procrastinating like a motherfucker.

On the idea of procrastination, man, I delayed doing my work for so long that I had to wake up early last week just to do it. I had two presentations, finish a final exam, and study for a final. I finished the two presentations hours before they were due. I was able to get A's on both of them. I finished my Geology final exam on Thursday evening. The problem is that I didn't study for my History of Cinema final so I fucked up on that brilliantly. I'm hoping to get good grades this semester. I keep on praying that I get all A's but that doesn't seem realistic. If I can get two A's and two B's, I'd be happy.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... this is crazy finding you like this ~ and i know we havent really seriously talked... but i just finished reading a part of this entry [man do you write a lot - but it's a good thing] and it's kinda weird ~

i'm in the same position @ benedictine. and i feel the same way about wanting to transfer to COD...

crazi huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home